Sunday, October 23, 2016

Millennials and Their Privacy 10/25/16

I think it's absolutely ridiculous for millennials to be concerned about their privacy. They have grown up in a "digitally engaged" age and should know that there are repercussions for presenting every element of their lives to their social media audiences. When they get upset about potential employers looking into their social media accounts during the hiring process, it is beyond absurd. Millennials have had enough experience with the Tech Age we're  currently living in to have a very full understanding of how public and permanent their posts are. How they can be surprised that their information that they knowingly share within a very public forum can come back to haunt them blows my mind. I've recently been seeing copy and paste posts on Facebook from people up in arms about how Facebook will soon have the authority to leak account holder's posts and photos. Is this really that surprising? Any time I post anything, I'm well aware that I am making a public post. I wouldn't be posting if the content wasn't something that I cared could potentially be circulated. I posted this the other day...

I HEREBY GIVE MY PERMISSION to the Police, CSIS, NCIS, NSA, the FBI, and CIA, MI5, MI6, MI7 the RCMP, the Swiss Guard, the Priory of Scion, Anonymous, the inhabitants of Middle Earth, Agents Mulder and Scully, the Goonies, ALL the Storm Troopers, Darth Vader, the Mad Hatter, S.H.I.E.L.D, The Avengers, Thor, The Illuminati, The Men in Black, X-Men, Ghost Busters, Cthulhu, The Justice League, The United Federation of Planets, GeekNation, Gandalf and Dumbledore, Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, Bigfoot, The Great Pumpkin, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Tooth Fairy, The Krampus, and all the members of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Voltron, The Groovy Ghoulies, the Thunder Cats, Buffy, Dr. Who, Hart to Hart, Mystery inc. (Scooby Doo), James Garner, Angela Landsbury, the WWF, the EPA, and even Magnum P.I., He-Man, Jay and Silent Bob, Cheech & Chong, Neo, Blade, the A Team, MacGyver and the Boondock Saints to view all the amazing and interesting things I publish on Facebook.
I'm aware that my privacy ended the very day that I created a profile on Facebook, I know that whatever I post can (and usually does) get shared, tagged, copied, and posted elsewhere because I'm THAT FANTABULOUS. If I didn't want anyone else to have it, then I wouldn't post it!😉
(I even stole this status because it was posted publicly) ðŸ’ªðŸ’ª...
Get a clue people! Just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment