Wednesday, September 21, 2016

You Never Know Who You Are Going to See

The article relating to dressing well and testing scores stuck out most predominantly because of my love for fashion. You most likely will not see me dressed down, and especially you will not see me without make up. I am a strong believer to always look presentable, approachable, and well cute!

My mother always and still preaches to me that, "you never know who you are going to see." Even if you are running errands throughout the day, that is the most prominent time to run into that old boss or maybe even an ex-lover! OH the horror to think that you may not look your best, and obvious that you are in fact, not doing better!

Pairing the right top with your footwear is not only about looking awesome, but the way that one dresses is one way to express their personality! What I decide to wear is a physical representation of who I am and I enjoy expressing myself, because what is the point of looking the same as everyone else? From the article, Hannah points out the likely correlation that what you wear could potentially help you on exam day. She states that there is no proven fact yet, but does hint at the underlying effects that apparel may have on one's self-esteem. I, in fact must agree with this statement presented. For presentations, one is told to "dress your best" for numerous reasons. To look professional, pleasant to watch, and one that I will elaborate on the most, is the fact to feel confident. I don't know about you, but I honestly would not buy anything from someone wearing sweat pants and a mismatched shirt. In order to feel confident one must psychologically and physically meet their own personal standards. So if you are trying to pitch an idea, not only should you feel internally good about yourself, but a good appearance can play a role in one's overall confidence. Get your audience nice and buttered up while you happen to be "killing" the presentation because your outfit is on point and the whole class is interested in what YOU have to say.
In relation to media effects and priming, how well do you think your audience would remember your presentation according to your confidence level? Although the correlation has not been directly proven on this matter, the overall context must flicker a light bulb.

No comments:

Post a Comment