Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Dress for Success

Phrases such as dress for success and you are what you think comes to mind after reading today's assignments.  The white coat article,  I  was reminded of a paper I wrote about how fashion throughout time contribute to the identification of social classes.  The article kind f help with that thought because of the status of the "white coat". I agree that what you wear can influence a person's psyche. I mean Christian Louboutin has maximized in this theory, Give a girl a pair of red soles shoes, she will be unstoppable. Of course , she would need to know about the status behind the pair  of shoes , but none the less, she would walk in a room and own it.  Is it the shoes or or the implications behind them, that gives this feeling to the wearer? I, myself, have not worn pjs to take a test during college , but however, I wore my sister's old scrubs she gave  to me while she was in nursing school. Did I work in the room with a sort of "swag", yes, I felt confident during the day on college campus just by the idea that perhaps my fellow classmates were led to believe I was going to school to be a doctor." Wow, she must be smart" was one of the things that pass through my mind. In the article of mama was right..I kind of agree. I don't see how this would be priming but if it involves addressing data that would back up a claim, then i can see how this would fit in that space. The headline was kind of alluring and a little misguiding but I get the jest. It caught my attention, but once you read the rest you can see how the author tries to convince readers how the topic is "backed up " with logical and scientific data, helping to persuade readers that the article may have some weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment