Wednesday, September 21, 2016

It's All About Mindset

It’s all about mindset. The day you’re going to have is the day you prepare yourself for. If you wake up in the morning with a negative outlook, I promise you will have a bad day. That’s one of the reasons Monday’s have such a stereotype. Nobody wants their weekend to end so they wake up Monday morning dreading the day since it’s no longer Sunday. Because society labels it as a “Monday,” you treat it as such. This example goes back to the priming idea. Monday’s are labeled as “tiresome” and “start of a long week” and because of this, you have that mindset the entire day. On the contrary, Friday’s are labeled the complete opposite and typically enjoyed much more than Monday’s. But, if we woke up every Monday treating it like a Friday, would our Monday’s become different?

Referencing the article, “Opinion: Dress well, test well mantra gives confidence, results on exam day," I just want to say that I completely agree with this author. I have always said that if you dress well, you feel better about your day. It goes back to how you approach your day. I have noticed that when I throw on a pair of jeans rather than a pair of sweats, I am way more productive with my day – maybe because I’m not constantly thinking about jumping back in bed. How we look ultimately ties back to how we feel, not only about ourselves, but for the day. Confidence is key; and everyone feels more confident when they look and feel their best.


Priming is such an influential aspect due to the fact that humans are so malleable. For example, in "Mind Games: Sometimes a White Coat Isn't Just a White Coat" people perceived the same white coat differently whether it belonged to a doctor or a painter. But oddly enough, I do that in my daily lifestyle. When I'm not feeling confident in the look I'm wearing, I'll change my feeling towards it by changing my outlook. For example, if I'm wearing leggings and a workout tank with no makeup on and my hair up, instead of feeling as un-put together as I look, I'll embrace a more positive persona. Such as, someone who is super athletic, who probably just left pilates class. Another example is when you wear all black; instead of viewing is as simple, think of it as chic. It's such a silly thing to do, but when give off that type of persona, you start to believe it yourself and have much more confidence. 


So to summarize everything I just said, I'm going to reference the first sentence of this post - It's all about mindset.


No comments:

Post a Comment